1. Google IT Support Professional Certificate (Coursera)
2. Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate
3. Free IT Help Desk Training and Tutorials (LinkedIn Learning)
4. Technical Support Fundamental (Coursera)
5. IT Help Desk Course for Professionals (Udemy)
6. IT Helpdesk Course : Start and Run a Successful IT Support Company (Udemy)
30+ Global experts have compiled a list of the best courses, training programs and certifications for IT Support and Helpdesk to help you launch a career in this fast growing industry. These are updated monthly for 2022 and are suitable for beginners, intermediate learners as well as experts. The list includes both free and paid learning resources.
6 Best Free IT Support & Help Desk Course, Certification and Training Online [2022 JULY] [UPDATED]
Available exclusively on Coursera, this Google certification will help students learn fundamental concepts of IT support like networking, operating systems, system administration, troubleshooting and customer service, IT automation and network security. This 64 hour long video lecture series is spread across multiple weeks and is open to everyone, regardless of your previous experience (technical or otherwise).
Courses that comprise the Program –
1) Technical Support Fundamentals Course
– Learn how the binary system works.
– Learn to assemble a computer
– Learn to install an OS on a computer.
2) The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking Course
– Demystify computer networks
– Learn all about TCP/IP communications.
– Understand troubleshooting tools and techniques.
3)Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User Course
– Learn to navigate Linux and Windows
– configure disk partitions and filesystems.
– understand how system processes work and how to manage them.
4)System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services Course
– Learn best practices for choosing hardware and vendors.
– manage computers and users using the directory services
– Learn to backup your organization’s data
5)IT Automation Course
– Learn the fundamentals of programming
– Use automation to perform system administration tasks.
6) IT Security Course
– Learn encryption techniques
– Find out about various authentication systems and types.
Google IT Support Professional Certificate Cost
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate Cost will be$49/month and the course usually goes on for about eight to 12 months for the certification. You can also take up individual programs that are part of the course as mentioned above.
Participant Review – I can truly say that all the class that I have taken here is worth and I learned a lot. In the past, it was a matter of just going through the motions, but the way this course was run and the way the video presentation and materials were provided above and beyond just reading the book, made things clearer and easier for me to understand. I feel like I “know” something with IT support. Thank you again.
Google IT Support Professional Certificate
Rating : 4.8 out of 5
You canSign up Here
Google IT Automation with Python is a 6-course certification program offered by Google on Coursera. You can complete the course in six months to master your Python coding skills, along with polishing your version control and problem-solving skills through the best practices illustrated in the course. It is a beginner-level course with flexible assignment deadlines that eases the task of learning. Once you complete the course, you can apply for a job in the top-most IT companies as an IT specialist or System Administrator. Anyone who wants to develop a career in the lucrative IT field can register and learn to develop the necessary skills and apply it in the IT industry.
– Learn and write Python scripts that can automate repetitive programming tasks
– Understand the usage of Git and GitHub to manage version controlling of your codes
– Take hold of the IT resources in physical as well as virtual systems in the organization
– Learn configuration management to monitor clusters in companies seamlessly
– Understand troubleshooting and debugging in programming to deliver optimized codes
Duration: 2 Months
Rating: 4.6 out of 5
You can Sign up Here
Learn to address help-desk requests and run an IT help desk from. This IT help desk course will help you perform IT support, and solve problems promptly. Some of the courses included there are –
– Help Desk Handbook for End Users: PC Basics, Hardware, Operating Systems, and Applications Preview by Scott Jernigan (2h 18m)
– IT Service Desk: Management Fundamentals Preview Course by Fancy Mills (2h 38m)
– macOS Sierra for IT Administrators Preview Course by Sean Colins (3h 18m)
– CompTIA A+ (220-901) Cert Prep: 5 Networking Preview Course by Mike Meyers (5h 9m)
– Windows 10: Administration Preview Course by Martin Guidry (1h 58m)
– G Suite Administration Preview Course by Julio Appling (1h 44m)
Duration : Variable
Rating : 4.6 out of 5
You can Sign up Here
In this program, you will prepare for the role of an entry-level IT Support Specialist. Get introduced to the world of information technology and learn about the various components such as computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. Understand what a technical interview might look like and get tips on how to prepare for one.
– No prior experience is required to enroll in the certification.
– Assemble a computer from scratch and understand how a binary system and internet works and its impact in the modern world.
– Choose and install an operating system on a computer.
– Gain best practices and advice from the instructor.
– Learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer.
– Utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting.
– The flexible deadline allows you to learn as per your convenience.
Duration: 19 hours, 8 to 10 hours per week
Rating: 4.8 out of 5
You can Sign up Here
This course has been created byPaul Hill and Omar Dabbas. Paul has over 9 years of experience in the IT industry, and actively works with the Federal Agencies in the United States for their network requirements. Omarhas a bachelor degree in Computer Science, and several certificates from Cisco (CCNA, CCNA-Voice, CCNA-Wireless, CCNP) & Microsoft (MCSA & MCP). Together this course will empower you to become an IT Help Desk professional.
Details of the IT Helpdesk course –
– Learn how a computer works from both a hardware and software standpoint
–Learn about networking, DNS & DHCP
–Get extra tips and hints all through the course
– Ideal for fresh graduates who want to pursue a career in IT
– Learn about useful tools to help you in the job
– The cost so low, it is practically a free IT help desk training course
Duration : 2 hours
Rating : 4.4 out of 5
You can Sign up Here
Review :Have been applying for many IT Help Desk jobs, and this course perfectly explains some of the essential daily tasks perfectly. This course gives me the confidence I need to go into a job interview and know what I’m talking about! – Edmund Wright
Jonathan Edwards has worked in IT and technology since he was 17 years old! He started his career for a large UK bank and has worked for multiple technical departments globally ever since.He’s also a Microsoft Certified Professional since 2000 and is himself committed to changing and learning as times and technology evolves. This course by him is quite highly recommended by students and is quite a good fit for people wanting to learn how to run their IT support company.
Details of the course –
– Learn the different IT support services that can be offered
–Know about the different cloud services
–Figure out different IT support pricing models so you can price your services better
–Learn to draft a professional proposal
Duration : 4 hours
Rating : 4.5 out of 5
You can Sign up Here
Review : Very straight to the point and concise. The instructor is very experienced. This is a beautiful course.Thanks Jonathan for this course and resources. I am getting right to it and starting my own IT support company.Although my location and country might be different with cost and pricing .I have no doubt this will be an added advantage
7. Free IT Support Course: Fundamentals by Microsoft (edX)
This course has been discontinued
This Microsoft course is taught byTony Frink, Senior Content Development Manager, Microsoft; Mike Orlowicz, Business & Financial Consultant / IT Course Development & Delivery, Lawrence Associates LLC and Bernie Lawrence, CEO Lawrence Associates LL
This program will help you –
– Understand the key responsibilities of a support executive
– Demystify customer behavior in correlation with customer behaviour
– Understand the basic stages of IT Support case management
Duration : 4 weeks, 3 to 4 hours per week
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
You can Sign up Here
8. Help Desk Certificate: Networking Essentials by Microsoft (edX)
This course has been discontinued
This Microsoft Course is taught by Martin Coetzer, Senior Content Developer, Learning eXperiences, Team Microsoft Corporation; Pam Glazier, Content Specialist, Microsoft; James Seymour, Principal Content Publishing Manager, Microsoft and Tony Frink, Senior Content Development Manager Microsoft. Also, check out our compilation of Best Microsoft Exchange Server Courses.
In this course, you will –
– Demystify networking topologies
– Learn all about LANs, WANs and the Internet
– Learn how wireless and wired networks work
– Learn about TCP/IP Troubleshooting
Duration : 4 weeks, 2 to 3 hours per week
Rating : 4.4 out of 5
You can Sign up Here
So those were the best IT Support Courses, Certifications, Training and Tutorials to help you get an IT Support role job and enter the industry. We hope you found what you were looking for. Wish you the best in your career! Happy Learning!
CompTIA A+ is considered to be one of the best IT support certifications. It is vendor-neutral and the industry standard for establishing a career in IT.Which certification is best for desktop support engineer? ›
|1||Certified Network Computer Technician (CNCT)||ETA|
|2||CCNP Service Provider Operations (CCNP)||Cisco|
|3||Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)||Global Knowle...|
|4||Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)||MS|
- CompTIA A+ Apply Now.
- Applecare Mac Technician. Apply Now.
- ITIL Foundation Course. Apply Now.
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate. ...
- Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate. ...
- IT Help Desk Professional. ...
- Desktop Support Level 1 & 2 In Real Life – Troubleshooting.
IT Help Desk Professional
The IT Help Desk Professional certification course is one of the most entry-level certificates a student can receive. This certification teaches students how to edit Windows software, networking basics, needed commands and hardware troubleshooting issues.
Upon completion of a Google Career Certificate, you will gain access to an exclusive job platform where you can easily apply to opportunities from employers with open jobs. Employers interested in joining the Google Career Certificates Employer Consortium can find more information at grow.google/employers.What is the easiest IT certification to get? ›
CompTIA IT Fundamentals
Taking on the A+ is no easy feat though, even for IT folk with a year or more of experience under their belt. For the absolute beginner to IT, CompTIA has a little-known certification called IT Fundamentals that's intended to introduce newcomers to the most basic concepts in modern computing.
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate is certainly worth it. It will help you build job-ready skills that can open doors for starting a career in the IT industry. The certificate is offered by Google and recognized in the industry as a valid credential for securing an entry-level job.What is the next level of desktop support engineer? ›
After three to five years of hands-on experience in managing computer systems, you may choose to specialize in the field, working as a desktop support analyst or desktop support specialist. However, a popular career path involves making the transition towards becoming a network administrator or system administration.What computer certification is the most valuable? ›
- Google Certified Professional Data Engineer.
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate.
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Within two years you should expect to go from helpdesk to desktop support and from desktop support to junior administration. This is something anyone can easily do if they know what to focus on.
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate on Coursera costs $49 per month after a seven-day free trial. If you complete the five courses in six months, the Google IT Support Professional Certificate costs about $294. Financial aid is available on a course-by-course basis through the link on the course's homepage.What do you learn in a help desk job? ›
- Installing new technologies and teaching end users how to operate them.
- Providing remote technical support via internet or phone.
- Backing up and restoring files.
- Maintaining operating systems by repairing hardware and configuring software.
To become a help desk technician, you first must complete a high school diploma or equivalent. Though some jobs require a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, some help desk tech jobs only require an associate degree and on the job training.How do I get my A+ certification online? ›
4 Steps to Taking Certification Exams Online
Make sure you're familiar with CompTIA's candidate agreement and testing policies (as well as the Pearson OnVUE policies) before you purchase a voucher for an online exam. Buy an exam voucher. Go to the CompTIA Store and purchase a voucher for the exam of your choice.
ITIL is the preeminent global framework for IT service management and delivery. The ITIL framework offers a detailed set of practices for managing and delivering IT services. The practices, tasks, and guidance all aid your organization in delivering the best quality services to your end users.Are Google courses free? ›
Taking the course is free. The Associate Android Developer Certification exam, designed to test the skills of an entry-level Android developer, costs $149 per exam attempt, though pricing may vary based on your country.Are Google certifications worth it 2021? ›
According to Coursera's Learner Outcome Survey, 82% of Google certification holders reported a positive career outcome within six months. The ability to network and grow alongside your peers is a huge draw for traditional graduate management education programs.Do Google certificates cost money? ›
How much does a Google professional certificate program cost? Each program is free to try out for seven days with a Coursera trial. After the trial ends, the program will cost $39 a month to keep learning, so the faster you complete each course, the more money you'll save.What certificates can I get in 6 weeks? ›
- Business Administration.
- Computer Science.
- Criminal Justice.
- Healthcare Administration.
- Information Technology.
- Accounting Certificate. ...
- Information Technology (IT) Certificate. ...
- Human Resources (HR) Certificate. ...
- Medical Billing or Coding Certificate. ...
- Project Management Certificate.
- Phlebotomist Certification Programs.
- Medical Assistant Certification Programs.
- Certified Nurse Assistant Certification Programs.
- Medical Coder or Biller Certification Programs.
- Flight Attendant Certification Programs.
- Welder Certification Programs.
A Certification is valid for two years from the date of issue, unless otherwise specified in the description for your Exam. d. Renewal / Recertification. To renew your Certification status (a “Recertification”), you must retake and pass the applicable Exam.Are Google certificates recognized? ›
Google Career Certificates will be accepted by the tech giant in lieu of a four-year degree. While colleges struggle to find grads jobs, certificate programs offer professional support.How long does IT take to complete Google IT support certificate? ›
Google has announced its new "Google IT Support Professional Certificate" program through Coursera, offering anyone the chance to get certified for an entry-level job in the field. The course doesn't require any previous experience and takes between 8 and 12 months to complete, according to Google.What is the highest paying IT certification? ›
Google Certified Professional Data Engineer
This year, the Google Cloud Certified Professional Data Engineer certification is associated with the highest paying salary in IT.
It is a more entry-level option than the ISC Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification, and can be the first step toward jobs like cybersecurity specialist or security administrator.
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate is certainly worth it. It will help you build job-ready skills that can open doors for starting a career in the IT industry. The certificate is offered by Google and recognized in the industry as a valid credential for securing an entry-level job.What to learn to become IT support? ›
- the ability to work well with others.
- knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and software.
- analytical thinking skills.
- knowledge of engineering science and technology.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- customer service skills.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- Google Certified Professional (GCP) Cloud Architect. ...
- PMP® Certified Project Management Professional. ...
- CISM® Certified Information Security Manager. ...
- CRISC^TM Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control. ...
- CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor.
- Cybersecurity Certifications. ...
- Cloud Architect Certifications. ...
- Project Management & IT Service Management Certifications. ...
- DevOps Engineer Certifications. ...
- Database Admin Certifications. ...
- Digital Marketing Certifications. ...
- Network Engineer Certifications.
Actually, CompTIA A+ is not difficult because many can pass it, and it is known as IT easiest certification. It may be difficult for first-time certification exam takers but more accessible for those who already have a basic knowledge of IT. It covers topics at a basic level.Which IT course is best for job? ›
- Data Science. ...
- Big Data Engineering. ...
- Data Analyst. ...
- Big Data Analysis. ...
- Web Designing. ...
- VFX Training And Character Animation Degree. ...
- Software Development. ...
- Computer Hardware Engineering And Networking.
According to Coursera's Learner Outcome Survey, 82% of Google certification holders reported a positive career outcome within six months. The ability to network and grow alongside your peers is a huge draw for traditional graduate management education programs.Are Google certificates free? ›
Access to the Google Associate Android Developer Certification training is free and the official exam fee of $149 is paid to Trueability to administer the exam.Do Google certificates cost money? ›
There is no charge for the Associate Android Developer Certification training. However, the certification exam costs $149 per attempt. The courses are taught by Google employees.How long does IT take to learn Help Desk? ›
Within two years you should expect to go from helpdesk to desktop support and from desktop support to junior administration. This is something anyone can easily do if they know what to focus on.How do I get helpdesk job? ›
To become a help desk technician, you first must complete a high school diploma or equivalent. Though some jobs require a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, some help desk tech jobs only require an associate degree and on the job training.How do I start a career in IT support? ›
- Re-examine and Apply Your Past Experience to the IT Industry. ...
- Earn Industry Certifications. ...
- Your Degree in Another Field May Be a Huge Asset. ...
- Be Open to Starting at the Bottom. ...
- Don't Forget the Power of Networking. ...
- Learn Relevant Tech Skills and Gain Experience.